Friday 1 November 2013

Little Addition to my Tribute to Pi!!!

I've just realised. I never actually explained what I meant in the title of my last post when I called Tau ‘adolescent’! It is merely that from my point of view, it looks as though Pi is the legend - is the genius and the well-known star from history, and Tau is coming in as though it’s the new teenager ready to show off what it’s all about. It just has that “typical teen” characteristic of needing to PROVE it’s great. Whereas Pi doesn’t need to prove it’s great, that comes with the territory of being Pi. Obviously, I realise this anthropomorphism of numbers has a way of possibly going too far, but then, they do seem to have their own personalities sometimes!

I also just wanted to share a really cool photo! For a while, before I came to uni, I had a Saturday job working at a beautiful little Tea-Room in my home village - not that I was very good at my job, but the people that I met there were all great! Anyway, one day Saturday morning, it was quiet and so I was learning to make a pie from the chef and she had a bit of leftover pastry at the end, so I said she should definitely make a picture out of it to put on the top. Then I had a brainwave! If she put the symbol for Pi on the top, it would be a Pi pie!!! And, amazingly, that’s exactly what she did - just for me! To my utter delight; I spent the rest of the day showing everyone who came in the Pi pie and we sold all of it!



BEAUTIFUL!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment